Myotherapy & Massage
Massage & Myotherapy for Pregnancy & Postpartum
I have specialised training in pre & postnatal care and over 10 years of experience in assessing and treating pregnant women. I can assist with a range of pregnancy-related aches and pains as well as help you prepare your body for labour and birth with safe and effective evidence-based practices.
Pregnancy Massage & Myotherapy is safe in all three trimesters and treatment can be resumed as soon as you wish post vaginal birth or two weeks (or sooner with obstetrician clearance) following a caesarean birth.
The main focus is on relieving your physical discomforts, whilst being aware of hormonal and emotional changes during this transition.
Pregnancy & Postpartum Massage & Myotherapy
- Back and neck pain
- Posture related aches and pains
- Repetitive Stress Injuries (RSI)
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS)
- Hip & pelvic girdle pain
- De Quervain’s Syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint pain (wrists, knees, ankles etc)
- Abdominal separation and muscle weakness
- Advice on safe exercise through pregnancy and after giving birth
- Active birth skills and preparation for labour
- Return to activity advice
- Postnatal mood disorders & baby blues
- Stress, anxiety and sleep impairments