Enhance your wellbeing with Pregnancy Massage
Pregnancy massage has an important role to play as part of your pregnancy support strategy. Pregnant women often suffer from neck, shoulder, back, hip and foot pain due to hormonal changes and the increasing physical load.
Pregnancy massage helps to alleviate tension and pain, relieves headaches, leg cramps, insomnia, fluid retention, stress and fatigue.
We modify the treatment to make the mother as comfortable as possible in either sidelying, lying on her front with special pregnancy pillows and on her back with proper bolstering. You can be confident that our experienced, professional and caring NurtureLife® trained practitioners will look after you.
Benefits of Pregnancy Massage:
- Insomnia is eased through improved sleep patterns
- A greater sense of relaxation helps to reduce stress and anxiety levels
- Specialised massage techniques are delivered for pain management, addressing groin pain referred from the uterus, lumbar, back, pelvic, hip pain, and rib pain common in the third trimester
- Shoulder and neck massage helps to relieve tension, and is also beneficial while in the breastfeeding position
- Hormonal headaches are reduced
- Oedema, swelling and discomfort in the legs and arms is eased, which reduces the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome
- Leg cramps are minimised due to improved circulation
- Focus on mother baby connection
- Relaxation techniques
- Promotes a sense of relaxtion
- Assists in maintaining muscular tone
- Gentle exercise including pelvic floor
Studies have also shown that women who received regular massages during pregnancy had lower rates of premature birth, fewer obstetrical problems and their babies had a lower rate of postnatal complications.
Our specialised massage techniques also include pain management, referred groin pain from the uterus, lower back (lumbar), pelvic and hip pain, and also rib pain commonly found in the third trimester. If you would like to learn more or speak directly with our NurtureLife® massage therapist, please call our office during business hours on 0423 919 319.
Book your session with us today.